At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Antibacterials; Fluoroquinolones; Naphthyridines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA gyrase inhibitors; DNA topoisomerase IV inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jan 2008 Discontinued - Phase-I for Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 15 Jan 2004 No development reported - Phase-I for Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 21 Jun 2000 Warner-Lambert has merged with Pfizer