Sperabillin AAlternative Names: TAN 749
Latest Information Update: 13 Oct 2000
At a glance
- Originator Takeda
- Class Antibacterials; Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors; DNA synthesis inhibitors; Protein synthesis inhibitors; RNA synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 13 Oct 2000 Discontinued-Unspecified phase in Bacterial infections in Japan (Unknown route)
- 12 Jun 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made