Latest Information Update: 08 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Genaera Corporation
- Class Antibacterials; Peptide antibiotics
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Skin and soft tissue infections
Most Recent Events
- 08 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Skin and soft tissue infections in USA (Topical)
- 28 Mar 2001 Magainin Pharmaceuticals is now called Genaera Corporation