NaxagolideAlternative Names: L 647339
Latest Information Update: 24 Jan 1995
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Neuroprotectants; Oxazines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine D2 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jan 1995 Discontinued-II for Parkinson's disease in USA (PO)
- 24 Jan 1995 Discontinued-I for Parkinson's disease in Japan (PO)