At a glance
- Originator Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- Class Indans; Neuroprotectants; Piperazines
- Mechanism of Action Lipid peroxidation inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cerebral ischaemia; CNS trauma; Cognition disorders; Huntington's disease; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 09 Jan 2001 No-Development-Reported for Huntington's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 09 Jan 2001 No-Development-Reported for CNS trauma in USA (Unknown route)
- 09 Jan 2001 No-Development-Reported for Parkinson's disease in USA (Unknown route)