SilperisoneAlternative Names: RGH 5002; SILA 336
Latest Information Update: 08 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Gedeon Richter
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Muscle relaxants; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Muscle hypertonia
Most Recent Events
- 08 Nov 2006 Discontinued - Phase-II for Hypertonia in Hungary (unspecified route)
- 17 Aug 1998 RGH 5002 is now called silperisone
- 17 Aug 1998 Phase-II clinical trials for Hypertonia in Hungary (Unknown route)