Latest Information Update: 17 Oct 2005
At a glance
- Originator Questcor Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antidementias; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Excitatory amino acid antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neurological disorders
Most Recent Events
- 13 Oct 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Neurological disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 16 Dec 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Neurological disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Dec 1999 Cypros Pharmaceutical has merged with RiboGene to form Questcor Pharmaceuticals