Squalestatin 1Alternative Names: Zaragozic acid A
Latest Information Update: 18 May 1995
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline; Merck & Co
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antifungals; Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Squalene synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 18 May 1995 Discontinued-Preclinical for Hyperlipidaemia in United Kingdom (Unknown route)