At a glance
- Originator ASTA Medica [CEASED]
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Butyric acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cholesterol inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 12 Dec 2002 ASTA Medica ceased operations during 2002