MidafotelAlternative Names: D-CPPene; SDZ EAA 494
Latest Information Update: 19 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Developer BTG; Novartis
- Mechanism of Action Glutamate receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Brain injuries; Cognition disorders; Epilepsy
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jul 2010 Discontinued - Phase-III for Brain injuries in Switzerland (unspecified route)
- 19 Jul 2010 Discontinued - Phase-I for Cognition disorders in Switzerland (unspecified route)
- 20 May 1999 D-CPPene is now called Midafotel