NIP 261Alternative Names: NIP 200
Latest Information Update: 31 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Nissan Chemical Industries
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Antihyperlipidaemics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Lipoprotein lipase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 04 Jun 1998 Suspended-Preclinical for Hyperlipidaemia in Japan (Unknown route)