At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Glutamate receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epilepsy; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 19 Sep 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Epilepsy in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 19 Sep 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Epilepsy in USA (Unknown route)
- 19 Sep 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Stroke in United Kingdom (Unknown route)