At a glance
- Originator Yamanouchi
- Developer Kissei Pharmaceutical; Yamanouchi
- Class Antiemetics
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 3 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Irritable bowel syndrome; Nausea and vomiting
Most Recent Events
- 24 Aug 1999 Discontinued-II for Emesis in Japan (PO)
- 24 Aug 1999 Discontinued-II for Irritable bowel syndrome in Japan (PO)
- 24 Aug 1999 Discontinued-II for Emesis in Japan (Injection)