ACVDP-DMGAlternative Names: Aciclovir diphosphate dimyristoylglycerol; Aciclovir diphosphate-DMG; VN 1703
Latest Information Update: 30 Jun 1999
At a glance
- Originator Vical
- Developer Gilead Sciences; Vical
- Class Antivirals; Nucleosides
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpes simplex virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jun 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for Herpes simplex virus infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 06 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Herpes simplex virus infections in USA (Unknown route)