At a glance
- Originator Esteve
- Class Antibacterials; Fluoroquinolones
- Mechanism of Action Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 15 Feb 2002 An in vitro study has been added to the Bacterial infections antimicrobial section
- 07 Oct 1998 Suspended-I for Bacterial infections in Spain (Unknown route)
- 25 Aug 1997 Phase-I clinical trials for Bacterial infections in Spain (Unknown route)