SoretolideAlternative Names: D 2916
Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator Biocodex; University of Washington
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Benzamides; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epilepsy
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jan 2001 No-Development-Reported for Epilepsy in USA (Unknown route)
- 23 Jan 2001 No-Development-Reported for Epilepsy in France (Unknown route)
- 15 Jan 1998 D 2916 is now called soretolide