KistamicinAlternative Names: BU 4344V; Kistamicin A; Kistamicin B
Latest Information Update: 18 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator DuPont
- Developer Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Antibacterials; Antivirals; Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gram-positive infections; Influenza virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 20 Aug 1999 No-Development-Reported for Gram-positive infections in Japan (Unknown route)
- 20 Aug 1999 No-Development-Reported for Influenza virus infections in Japan (Unknown route)