Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator Eli Lilly; Novo Nordisk
- Class Amino acids; Antihyperglycaemics; Insulins
- Mechanism of Action Ornithine decarboxylase stimulants; Phosphokinase stimulants; Protein tyrosine kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 23 Mar 2009 Discontinued for Diabetes mellitus in Denmark (SC)
- 23 Mar 2009 Discontinued for Diabetes mellitus in USA (SC)
- 26 Feb 2001 No-Development-Reported for Diabetes mellitus in USA (SC)