At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antihypertensives; Imidazoles; Pyridines
- Mechanism of Action Angiotensin type 1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 12 Oct 1999 No-Development-Reported for Hypertension in USA (PO)
- 08 Jun 1995 A study in patients has been added to the pharmacodynamics section
- 17 May 1995 Phase-II clinical trials for Hypertension in USA (PO)