Latest Information Update: 10 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator Isis Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antivirals; Oligonucleotides
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpes simplex virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 06 Jun 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 20 Aug 1996 Suspended-Preclinical for Herpes simplex virus infections in USA (Ophthalmic)