ForasartanAlternative Names: SC 52458
Latest Information Update: 09 Oct 2001
At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Antihypertensives; Pyridines; Small molecules; Tetrazoles
- Mechanism of Action Angiotensin type 1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 09 Oct 2001 No-Development-Reported for Hypertension in European Union (PO)
- 09 Oct 2001 No-Development-Reported for Hypertension in USA (PO)
- 09 Oct 2001 No-Development-Reported for Hypertension in Japan (PO)