At a glance
- Originator Fidia Farmaceutici; Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Developer Nonindustrial source
- Class Antidementias; Antiepileptic drugs; Antiparkinsonians; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Excitatory amino acid antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Dementia; Epilepsy; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 10 Oct 2003 Discontinued for Parkinson's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Oct 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Dementia in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Oct 2003 Discontinued for Epilepsy in USA (unspecified route)