Latest Information Update: 31 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Nissan Chemical Industries
- Mechanism of Action HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 04 Apr 1996 Suspended-Preclinical for Hyperlipidaemia in Japan (Unknown route)
- 07 Nov 1994 Phase-I clinical trials for Hyperlipidaemia in Japan (Unknown route)