Latest Information Update: 03 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Kowa Pharmaceutical
- Class Antidiarrhoeals; Probiotics
- Mechanism of Action Neurotransmitter inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Diarrhoea
Most Recent Events
- 03 Nov 2006 Nikken Chemicals is now called Kowa Pharmaceutical
- 30 Nov 2003 Nikken Chemicals has been acquired by Kowa
- 01 Feb 2000 Launched for Diarrhoea in Japan (Unknown route)