At a glance
- Originator Kuraray
- Class Antineoplastics; Furans; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 22 Mar 2004 Discontinued for Cancer in Japan (unspecified route)
- 26 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 16 Oct 1996 No-Development-Reported for Cancer in Japan (Unknown route)