At a glance
- Originator MECT Corporation
- Developer MECT Corporation; Nonindustrial source
- Class Antineoplastics; Glycosides; Pyrimidine nucleosides
- Mechanism of Action CMP-sialic acid transport protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer metastases
Most Recent Events
- 26 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 14 Nov 1997 No-Development-Reported for Cancer metastases in USA (Unknown route)
- 14 Nov 1997 No-Development-Reported for Cancer metastases in Japan (Unknown route)