PimilprostAlternative Names: Skipron; SM 10902
Latest Information Update: 29 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- Class Antiplatelets; Peripheral vasodilators; Prostaglandins; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Platelet aggregation inhibitors; Prostacyclin agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Skin ulcer
Most Recent Events
- 01 Oct 2005 Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals has merged with Dainippon Pharmaceutical to form Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- 31 Jul 1998 Preregistration for Decubitus ulcer in Japan (Unknown route)
- 31 Jul 1998 Preregistration for Peripheral vascular disorders in Japan (Unknown route)