Tauroursodeoxycholic acidAlternative Names: Tauroursodeoxycholate sodium; UR 906
Latest Information Update: 12 Oct 2001
At a glance
- Originator Mitsubishi Pharma Corporation
- Class Antivirals; Gallstone therapies; Hepatoprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Liver disorders
Most Recent Events
- 12 Oct 2001 No-Development-Reported for Liver disorders in Japan (Injection)
- 16 Nov 1999 Tokyo Tanabe has been acquired by Mitsubishi Chemical