At a glance
- Originator Boehringer Ingelheim
- Class Antihypertensives
- Mechanism of Action Angiotensin receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Heart failure; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 16 Oct 2003 Discontinued for Hypertension in Germany (unspecified route)
- 16 Oct 2003 Discontinued for Heart failure in Germany (unspecified route)
- 12 Feb 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made