VianainAlternative Names: Ananain + comosain
Latest Information Update: 14 Dec 2016
At a glance
- Originator Genzyme Corporation
- Mechanism of Action Protease stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Burns; Skin ulcer
Most Recent Events
- 15 Dec 2000 No-Development-Reported for Burns in USA (Topical)
- 15 Dec 2000 No-Development-Reported for Skin ulcer in USA (Topical)
- 14 May 1996 Phase-II clinical trials for Burns in USA (Topical)