ZaldarideAlternative Names: CGS 9343B; KW 5617; ZY 17617B
Latest Information Update: 27 Oct 1999
At a glance
- Originator Novartis Consumer Health
- Class Antidiarrhoeals
- Mechanism of Action Calmodulin antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diarrhoea
Most Recent Events
- 27 Oct 1999 Zaldaride is available for licensing
- 27 Oct 1999 Profile was reviewed by Novartis Consumer Health SA on 19 Oct 1999
- 19 Oct 1999 Discontinued-I for Diarrhoea in Japan (PO)