At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Antibacterials; Penems; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Apr 2003 Pharmacia has been acquired by Pfizer
- 30 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 16 Apr 1996 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial infections in Italy (PO)