EptaloprostAlternative Names: Eptaprost; ZK 979591
Latest Information Update: 23 Jun 2004
At a glance
- Originator Bayer Schering Pharma
- Class Antineoplastics; Prostaglandins; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Prostacyclin agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Cardiovascular disorders
Most Recent Events
- 15 Jun 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in Germany (unspecified route)
- 15 Jun 2004 Discontinued for Cardiovascular disorders in Germany (unspecified route)
- 30 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made