Uricase - EnzonAlternative Names: PEG-uricase - Enzon; Urate oxidase - Enzon
Latest Information Update: 29 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator Enzon Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antigouts; Oxidoreductases; Polyethylene glycols; Recombinant proteins
- Mechanism of Action Urate oxidase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gout
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 26 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Gout in USA (Unknown route)
- 31 Dec 1994 Phase-I clinical trials for Gout in USA (Unknown route)