ElbanizineAlternative Names: HWA 214
Latest Information Update: 30 May 2001
At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antiallergics; Antiasthmatics; Antihistamines
- Mechanism of Action Histamine release inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Allergic asthma
Most Recent Events
- 30 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 10 Oct 1994 No-Development-Reported for Allergic asthma in Germany (Inhalation)
- 10 Oct 1994 No-Development-Reported for Allergic asthma in Germany (PO)