SulfimidazoleAlternative Names: Sulphimidazole
Latest Information Update: 28 May 2003
At a glance
- Originator POLI Industria Chimica
- Class Antibacterials; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Apr 2003 Pharmacia has been acquired by Pfizer
- 16 Apr 1996 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial infections in Italy (Unknown route)
- 27 Oct 1995 An in vitro study on the additive and synergisitic effects of sulfimidazole with trimethoprim has been added to the Bacterial infections antimicrobial activity section .