SulfimidazoleAlternative Names: Sulphimidazole
Latest Information Update: 28 May 2003
Price : *
At a glance
- Originator POLI Industria Chimica
- Class Antibacterials; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Apr 2003 Pharmacia has been acquired by Pfizer
- 16 Apr 1996 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial infections in Italy (Unknown route)
- 27 Oct 1995 An in vitro study on the additive and synergisitic effects of sulfimidazole with trimethoprim has been added to the Bacterial infections antimicrobial activity section .