MoguisteineAlternative Names: BBR 2173
Latest Information Update: 07 Feb 2001
At a glance
- Originator Roche
- Class Antitussives; Small molecules; Thiazolidines
- Mechanism of Action Cholinergic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cough
Most Recent Events
- 07 Feb 2001 Discontinued-preregistration for Cough in Italy (PO)
- 13 Oct 1998 Recordati has an agreement with Boehringer Mannheim to supply industrial quantities of moguisteine
- 10 Jun 1997 Preregistration for Cough in Italy (PO)