At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Antiprotozoals; Guanidines
- Mechanism of Action Adenosylmethionine decarboxylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer; Malaria
- Discontinued Pneumocystis pneumonia
Most Recent Events
- 30 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 30 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Malaria in Israel (Unknown route)
- 30 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Cancer in Switzerland (Unknown route)