At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Anticoagulants; Antiplatelets; Vascular disorder therapies
- Mechanism of Action GPIIb-IIIa antagonists; Integrin alphaVbeta3 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Ischaemic heart disorders; Thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 11 Jan 2000 A preclinical study has been added to the Ischaemic Heart Disease and Thromboses pharmacodynamics sections
- 25 Nov 1998 A preclinical study has been added to the Ischaemic Heart Disease pharmacodynamics section