At a glance
- Originator Fisons
- Class Amines; Anti-inflammatories; Benzyl compounds; Pyrazoles; Skin disorder therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action 5-lipoxygenase inhibitors; Cyclooxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Crohn's disease; Inflammatory bowel diseases; Psoriasis; Rheumatic disorders; Ulcerative colitis
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jun 1998 Discontinued-II for Inflammatory bowel disease in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 18 Jun 1998 Discontinued-II for Crohn's disease in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 26 Sep 1997 Discontinued-II for Psoriasis in United Kingdom (Topical)