At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antiandrogens; Antineoplastics; Hormones
- Mechanism of Action Cholestenone 5-alpha reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Most Recent Events
- 05 Mar 2001 No-Development-Reported for Benign prostatic hyperplasia in USA (Unknown route)
- 16 Apr 1998 Phase-I clinical trials for Benign prostatic hyperplasia in USA (Unknown route)