GR 95168Alternative Names: ADDR 84231; C-BVDU
Latest Information Update: 27 Jan 1995
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antivirals; Nucleotides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpes simplex virus infections; Varicella zoster virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 27 Jan 1995 Discontinued-Preclinical for Herpes simplex virus infections in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 27 Jan 1995 Discontinued-Preclinical for Varicella zoster virus infections in United Kingdom (Unknown route)