At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Antifibrinolytics; Cyclohexanecarboxylic acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Fibrinogen stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Menorrhagia
Most Recent Events
- 24 Dec 2008 Discontinued - Phase-II for Menorrhagia in Sweden (unspecified route)
- 05 Apr 2000 Pharmacia & Upjohn has merged with Monsanto to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 21 Sep 1995 Phase-II clinical trials for Menorrhagia in Sweden (unspecified route)