At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants; Nootropics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Glutamate receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epilepsy; Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 09 Dec 1996 Discontinued-Preclinical for Neuroprotection in France (PO)
- 08 Nov 1994 Discontinued-Preclinical for Epilepsy in France (PO)