Latest Information Update: 21 Sep 2000
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antihypertensives; Heart failure therapies
- Mechanism of Action Diuretics
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Heart failure; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 21 Sep 2000 Discontinued-Preclinical for Congestive heart failure in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 21 Sep 2000 Discontinued-Preclinical for Hypertension in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Zeneca and Astra to form AstraZeneca completed