At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action Leucocyte elastase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Adult respiratory distress syndrome; Emphysema
Most Recent Events
- 10 Jul 2000 Discontinued - Preclinical for Adult respiratory distress syndrome in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Jul 2000 Discontinued for Emphysema in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Jul 1996 No-Development-Reported for Adult respiratory distress syndrome in USA (Unknown route)