At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Enzyme inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetic complications
Most Recent Events
- 30 Oct 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Diabetic complications in USA (unspecified route)
- 22 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 10 Apr 1997 No-Development-Reported for Diabetic complications in USA (Unknown route)