Latest Information Update: 11 Dec 2006
At a glance
- Originator Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Kissei Pharmaceutical; Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action HIV protease inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 13 Mar 1995 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in USA (PO)
- 13 Mar 1995 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in Japan (PO)