At a glance
- Originator Merck Frosst
- Class Analgesics; Antiallergics; Antiasthmatics; Antiulcers; Benzofurans
- Mechanism of Action 5-lipoxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Peptic ulcer
Most Recent Events
- 03 Nov 1998 No-Development-Reported for Peptic ulcer in United Kingdom (PO)
- 21 Oct 1996 L 656224 is being investigated for use in Peptic Ulcer Disease
- 21 Oct 1996 Preclinical development for Peptic ulcer in United Kingdom (PO)