Latest Information Update: 26 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator Cephalon
- Class Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Serine endopeptidase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 26 Mar 2007 Discontinued for Alzheimer's disease in USA (SC)
- 30 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 20 Jan 1997 No-Development-Reported for Alzheimer's disease in USA (SC)